Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Grilled Venison Backstrap

Happy Tuesday! I know my posts have been few and far between, but that will all be changing soon - pinky promise! And I'll also be catching up on all of your blogs, which I've been missing.. I've been slacking MAJOR.


First things, first - I'm not the biggest fan of venison, but with the right marinade it can be ah-mazing! This marinade is one for the books. Sorry for the lack of pictures... I left that part up to Tyler and he failed forgot.

Marinade Ingredients:
- 2 pounds venison backstrap, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 Quart Apple Cider
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles BBQ sauce

Additional Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds thick sliced bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- Toothpicks


What to do:
1. Place chunks of venison into a shallow baking dish, and pour apple cider in to cover them. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove, pat dry and discard apple cider. Pour BBQ sauce to cover meat, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 more hours

2. Preheat grill. Remove meat from the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes. Wrap each piece of venison in bacon and secure with toothpicks.

3. Grill slowly, turning occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes.



Do you have other venison marinades?? Share please - we have lots of venison in our freezer!


Want to Join Us?! YAY! Just follow these simple steps:
{E-Mail us for co-hosting opportunities!!}

1. Follow Ashley and I on Bloglovin'. 
2. Post a recipe, picture of your meal, favorite restaurant or anything food related!  
{Please link directly to your post, not your blog’s homepage}
3. Grab our button below and link back to our blogs.
4. Go meet some new friends and find some new recipes or restaurants to try!



Just a reminder: Please link back to both of our blogs, when linking up with Taste of Tuesday! We work hard on this linkup and it will only increase your (and our) exposure if we all help each other. From this point forward, if we notice that you're not linking back to our blogs we will have to delete your linkup. Sorry!

 Help us promote our new link up!  

Use the hash tag #tasteoftuesday on Instagram and Twitter and tag us! (IG: @ashleymbarnhill and @jessicaselie) (Twitter @ashleymbarnhill and @jessicaselie).  Oh! And if you tag us, we’ll re-tweet you! :)


Hope y'all are having a great week so far!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh my- Matt would LOVE this! Where do you buy your venison? Hope you are having a great week, Jessica!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I really love cooking with marinades meat. This sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Cider and BBQ sauce, I'm in. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMM! I love apple cider so I know this marinade must be delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lordy this looks terrific! Now can you please get back into the swing of blogging? It's not like you are busy or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness how I would love to be diggin into this for dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am gonna make these stat for Ross. He'll love them!!! P.S. I miss you love bug!!!

    ReplyDelete