Happy Monday! This weekend went by way to fast, as usual. I documented absolutely nothing this weekend - I didn't partake in any social media ALL weekend.. it was actually really refreshing and much needed! We had a super low-key weekend just getting things done around the house and catching up on the DVR and our Netflix DVD's.
So, since I wasn't able to post a weekend update on my weekend in Chicago (2 weekends ago), I thought I'd use today for that! :) Our weekend getaway was so much fun and much needed. It was jam packed! After our weekend was done, I was ready to come home.. not stay in Chicago for work for another 4 days!
1. We went to Rose Buds for appetizers and wine.. this was their Italian sausage with sweet peppers.
A M A Z I N G!
2. After Rose Buds, we did a little shopping on Michigan Avenue!
3. When we got back to our hotel room, we had wine and a fruit & cheese plate waiting on us.
4. Saturday morning we were off to explore the city.
5. We went to breakfast, and this is Tyler's dish.
6. Aaaaand this was his also... banana walnut pancakes.
7. We went to the John Hancock Observatory for a 360 view!
8. Another view.
9. Tyler pretending to eat my gelato.
10. More exploring.
11. Sushi dinner date at Friends Sushi.. delish!
12. We went back to the John Hancock Observatory for the night-time city view.
13. More gelato, of course.
14. We went to see a play at the Looking Glass Theater... If you see this play, don't bring the kids.
15. We went to 25 Degrees for some awesome burgers and bottomless bloody's.
16. Tour of Millennium Park before leaving the city.
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Did y'all do any exploring? What's your favorite thing to do or see in Chicago?
Linking up with Sami's Shenanigans, Life of Love, Lipgloss and Crayons, Life of Meg and Join the Gossip.