Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weekend Getaway: Travel Day Essentials!

Since a few of my blogger BFF's and I are planning a trip to Nashville, I thought I'd do a Weekend Getaway series to show you how I pack {and plan} for a weekend getaway! This portion of the series entails the travel day! I don't know about y'all, but when I'm traveling, whether by car or plane, I want to be 100% comfortable. To me, a maxi dress is complete comfort! I just feel free as a bird, which is travel perfection. I love me a good Fedora and it's a lot easier to just wear it on your travel day, than to figure out how to pack it without taking the chance on damaging it. It also covers up a bad hair day! And I'm loving this citrus color... talk about adding a pop of color! An oversized tote is a definite must for me... it keeps all of my go-to travel items - water, chips, Nook, hand sanitizer, etc. Who am I kidding, this is my normal bag for the every day grind. I love to accessorize with belts.. it just pulls the outfit together and makes it look polished. Leopard flip flops are my go-to, especially when flying - so easy to slip off when going through security at the airport! So there you have it, my effortless travel-day attire & accessories.


What are your travel day essentials? Happy Wednesday, y'all!!

Linking up with the amazing fashionista, Lauren!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. ohhh i love that maxi and that purse! have fun in nashville, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun series! Can you do a post about how NOT to pack your entire closet because you want to be super prepared for the greatest weekend ever?! :) And I love that MK purse! My travel purse/tote is also MK! You will see it at the airport gate (you know when I pick you two up off your plane)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fedora and that it is yellow, my favorite color! Such a cute outfit for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband calls my black maxi dress my "plane dress" because I wear it every single time we go to the airport! It's like wearing a blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a black maxi is such a great staple! and I kinda need that MK bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can bring me all of those things when you come an visit, k??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I wish this Cali girl was going to the country music capitol with you gals
    2. A maxi is a MUST travel wear...comfort is so so key. But the fact that you threw in some leopard flip flops and an MK bag...makes it even better ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for y'all going to Nashville! Jealous!
    & I totally agree with everything you're bringing to travel in! I need to get me a fedora, everyone has one & they're SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES to a Maxi dress when traveling. You speak my language, girlfriend. Love this idea for a post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these pieces! Definitely feel ya on the maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of these items! They truly are necessities :)

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. And if you plan your vacation few months early, you can get a cheap air ticket to and from New York or can avail good discounts on different 5 star hotel bookings.
    vacation club

    ReplyDelete