Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: Operation Organization!

Do you ever have a moment where you just want everything to be super organized?? Well I started my weekend with that exact thought! I was a crazy-list-maker and it felt SO good! I feel like my life has been super chaotic lately, so I needed to get it together! haha

I got to work super early on Friday and started separating my 'To-Do's'... I've got 4 Tradeshows coming up and 3 are out of the country. A huge white-boarding session was in order!

 This next list is huge... only because we haven't been to the grocery store in over a month! I know, I know... After going to 3 grocery stores {Wal-Mart, Market Street and Costco} we have a fully stocked fridge and pantry! A M A Z I N G!

I came home Friday to find this on our door step! It's officially official!!! MBA graduate. Now we need to frame this bad boy and put it up in the office!

 OK, let's talk about this mess of a closet... I was waiting for T to get home from H-town and I figured I would surprise him with a clean closet. After all, he said that my mess was literally stressing him out {can we say dramatic?!}. So I was a good wife and got to organizing this mess known as tornado Jessica. It only took a minute couple of hours.

BAM! What a huge difference... I am so proud of my work.. I even vacuumed! And yes, I'm tooting my own horn - sometimes you have to. Tyler was shocked and then said "you know, if you would put everything up when you take it off, it would never get that messy." Great advice.. maybe I'll listen one day.
 
Saturday night we went to Tierney's for a date night with our besties, Whitney and Gavin. It was a blast! They had great home cookin' style food and a live band, which sounded similar to Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Whitney and I after dinner... LOVE her!!

Sunday night we decided to try a few new recipes.. one for dinner and the other to take for lunches throughout the week. We love to have a drink while cooking.. it's our reward!

We made this Italian soup and it was so tasty! I can't wait to have it for lunch today. First time trying this recipe and it was a success. Recipe will be hitting the blog this week, so keep an eye out! :)

How was your weekend?! Did it involve organization or date nights with great friends?
Happy Monday!


Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Your closet looks SO good! My husband is the one who leaves clothes on the floor and I tell him the same thing, ha. Glad you had a great weekend! Can't wait for that recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl!! The recipe will hit the blog next Tuesday!! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your MBA! + you closet looks awesome :)

    Stopping by from the Weekend Shenanigans linkup!

    Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog with #YOLOmondays. I wish I was as productive as you were this weekend, but sadly I really didn't get anything done around the house.

    www.louisianawife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how our weekend was last week! Sometimes you just need a break from the to-do's! :)

      Delete
  4. Ok your lists did the trick cause your closet looks great!!! Wish I can find the organizing bug haha. Looks like a fun and rewarding weekend.

    Happy Monday Girly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianne!! The bug hit me Friday and was definitely gone by Saturday! haha

      Happy Monday!! :)

      Delete
  5. My closet is next, right? That looks great! I wish I had that much space. So nice!! I'm glad I found you through Monday Morning Gossip - I'm a new follower. Have a great week!

    -Suzanne
    http://sweetteainthesunshinestate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Suzanne! So glad you stopped by! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, what a super productive weekend! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a girl after my own heart with those lists!! I love nothing more than a good ol to do list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I've literally got Post-its everywhere! haha

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the organization! I definitely get in cleaning mood which is good because the next mood doesn't hit me for months :p Congrats on your MBA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... same here! Thanks for the sweet comments! :)

      Delete
  9. Fun weekend! And congrats on getting your MBA certificate!!

    Sorry I'm so late on commenting. Thanks for linking up for Monday Morning Gossip :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am an organization junkie! Good job on the closet. We love white boards around here too. My lil peanut has one in her bedroom to keep herself organized. Trained her early!
    Cortne
    cocoinmagnolia.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, just found your blog! I'm graduating from UT Tyler in 5 weeks with an MBA in Healthcare Mgmt. Do you happen to know if my specialization will be noted on my diploma or will it just say Master of Business Administration?

    ReplyDelete